Knee Pain Treatment The Natural Way With Our Jacksonville, Mandarin, and Julington Creek Chiropractor
At Sambursky Chiropractic, we're proud to be your home for high-quality spinal care—and so much more. For instance, many of our patients come to us complaining of knee pain. Our Jacksonville chiropractor, Dr. Justin Tinker, has a variety of services which can naturally address your pain and dysfunction and help you move more confidently in your day-to-day life.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Advancing age is one of the most common risk factors for knee pain, but because this broad condition can be brought on by both acute and chronic issues, people of all ages may experience it.
Some of the most common causes of knee pain we diagnose and treat at our clinic include:
- Runner's knee: also known as chondromalacia patellae, this condition causes wearing down and damage on the underside of the knee
- Knee ligament sprains or tears: often due to pivoting, falls, awkward twists, and other types of acute sports injury or trauma, the ligaments inside the knee can become sprained or torn—this often occurs with damage to a meniscus, too (oval-shaped cartilaginous padding in the knee)
- Bursitis: Inflammation of a fluid-filled sac around the knee (there are several); the bursa's main role is to reduce areas of friction near bones and tendons
- Tendonitis: inflammation and microscopic tears in the connective tissue attaching muscles to bones; common ones include patellar tendonitis, quadriceps tendonitis, and hamstring tendonitis
- Osteoarthritis: joint inflammation and wearing down of the intra-articular cartilage; other types of arthritis affecting the knee include gout and rheumatoid arthritis
In some cases, knee pain can also occur due to referred pain from the hip or spine.
How Our Chiropractor in Jacksonville FL Treats Knee Pain
Dr. Tinker understands how debilitating knee pain and its associated signs and symptoms can be (including swelling, tenderness, stiffness, and leg weakness). He offers a variety of treatments which can alleviate your discomfort, help the tissues of your knee heal, address any underlying factors which are contributing to your pain, and lastly maximize your posture (from the head to the feet!) and improve your leg strength to prevent recurring problems.
Some common services he utilizes for his patients with knee pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments (improve posture to reduce pressure on the knee, as well as release natural pain-relieving hormones)
- Corrective exercises (prescribed for everything from tissue healing to strength building)
- Nutrition/lifestyle counseling (to affect better healing from the inside out)
Are Your Knees Stiff and Sore? Contact Our Sambursky Chiropractic LLC Today!
If you live near Mandarin, Julington Creek, or a surrounding Jacksonville community, contact Samburksy Chiropractic for help with your knee pain. Drug-free relief is possible—come experience the difference!