Chiropractic techniques vary widely based on the individual needs of the patient. Some people may want or need a light touch while others may need something more drastic. Chiropractors are trained in many different types of pain-relieving techniques, there is something for everyone and every issue. Dr. Tinker at Core Chiropractic is a chiropractor who serves with gentle, personalized care. We can provide a wide variety of ways to help you feel better and improve your quality of life.
The Techniques We Use
Chiropractic care is often combined with other types of care such as massage or nutritional changes. We can offer more than a general practitioner as we treat the whole body, not just a band-aid on the symptoms. Below are some of the techniques we use.
- Diversified technique: This involves small thrusts to the joints to provide more movement within the joint. It is effective for those with spinal misalignment, joint problems, and movement concerns.
- Gonstead technique: Similar to the Diversified technique, this is a hands-on manipulation used to reduce pain, realign and improve movement.
- Thompson technique: Also known as the drop table technique, this method involves the use of a padded platform table. As the doctor performs adjustments, the table drops just slightly. This makes the technique very comfortable for the patient. The technique is used for issues with the spine or extremities.
- Activator technique: A device is used to distribute gentle pulses to various parts of the spine or to the extremities. This method is helpful for headaches, low back pain and is painless.
- Flexion Distraction: This method is also known as the Cox technique or decompression manipulation. Its gentle stretching is achieved through the use of a specially designed table. Chiropractors use the Flexion Distraction to treat herniated discs, scoliosis, facet joint pain, and other conditions.
Regardless of the technique used, chiropractic care is a proven science and has grown and changed since 1895. There are many new methods of treatment and our chiropractor uses a combination of treatments to assist in better healing. Our chiropractor is educated in the inner workings of the human body and can determine what is best for your particular situation.
Chiropractic Care in Jacksonville
If you are struggling with pain, discomfort, lack of mobility or movement, don't wait to get the relief you need. Core Chiropractic has a chiropractor in Jacksonville who also serves Fruit Cove, Julington Creek, Mandarin, Durbin and Bartram Park, and St. John's. Call us today at (904) 683-4376 to schedule an appointment.